Sunday 8 January 2012

Ancillary Work - Progress

I am currently in the process of creating my Digipak and my advertisement. Since the last time I worked on it I have changed lots as I felt some of the images didn't look so good and received helpful feedback on them. None the less I have removed some work and this is the stage my work is currently at:

Here is what my Digipak cover looks like with the image on the back.
I have changed the font I used for the Name and Title of the album. I used a font called 'Decibel' and the font 'Broken Wing' for the name of the album. I feel that this sans serif font show the artist is quite contemporary and can reach out to young adults who enjoy alternative music. The font is also quite edgy as it looks informal and shaky, suggesting the artists style of music.

Here is my Digipak cover without an image on the back,
This is the cover I will most likely be going with, as I think on the other case the picture is a little random and doesn't fit in. However I might try to zoom into her face and crop the image and then place it on the back. But for the moment this is how it will stay until I finish it off completely. I have been having difficulty with this task, in terms of finding a decent picture which will match the front one as I don't want to change it, but hopefully I will find one, if not I will design it without.


Here is the inside of my Digipak, which I changed again. The image I initially wanted to use wasn't a good enough quality to enlarge therefore I have used this one and used the blur tool on Photoshop to fade it into blackness. This will work because on the panel on the right hand side, the CD will be placed there, therefore the image would be covered. This way you can see the image clearly and it works to my benefit.

This is how my advertisement looks at the moment. I have used the same image, fonts and colours on my Digipak to keep them associated at all times. I added a quote from a music magazine to promote the artist further as this magazine is well known. I have placed the title and name in the biggest letters at the top of the page, followed by the release date written in clear, big writing. This makes the two most important texts on the advert stand out and catch the given audiences' attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment