Tuesday 10 January 2012

ANCILLARY PLANNING: Colours

The colours used in our music video were quite obvious as it related to the theme we were trying stick to along with the genre of our music. There were 3 main colours used in our music video which were: Black, Red and White (from the various lights we had used). As most of our filming occurred during the night, I feel I should stick to the dark colour scheme implying black, red and white glowing colours. This is so both my digipak and advertisement relate to the music video.

Here you can easily see the colours I am aiming for in both my digipak and advertisement. The colours black, red and the white lighting flashing on Poppy is the general colour scheme I am designing my ancillary products around as these colours are constantly present in our music video.
The colours red and black are even more stronger in this image from our music video.  This base track is shown multiple times though out the music video and it is this colour scheme in which I am basing my ancillary products on. 
I feel the contrast between red and black are strong and can imply strong emotions which is what I want to do with my digipak and advert. As the album is called Lights Out, I can also relate the contrast between white and black with the album name in my ancillary products, to give the album name meaning and show relation between the name and colours associated.

No comments:

Post a Comment