Wednesday 21 September 2011

Research - Initial Copyright Clearance

In the summer break before the start of A2 lessons, I got into contact with the record labels of different British artists, asking their permission for the possible use of their music. The preliminary ideas for songs I had and their respective labels are as follows...

  • Starry Eyed - Ellie Goulding // Polydor Records
  • Sunday - Hurts // RCA Records
  • The A-Team - Ed Sheeran // Atlantic Records
  • Hands - The Ting Tings // Columbia Records
  • Up All Night - Alex Clare // Island Records
  • Paper Forest (In the Afterglow of Rapture) - Emmy the Great // Close Harbour Records

I sent letters to the record labels of the first five songs, whilst for the other I emailed them the request as I could not obtain a postal address. I received the following replies from representatives of Hurts and Emmy the Great (the latter of which after I was referred to the publisher of her music, BMG) giving me permission for the usage of their respective songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment