Sunday 25 September 2011

My letters to the Record companies.

I chose the XX as one of my choices as it has a male voice in at as well as a females voice in it. Giving my group more choices of who will perform and who can perform in the music video. I also like the tempo and style of this specific band. As it is slow and calm, it could easily be used beautifully for a music video due to the lyrics itself and the tune. 

I chose The Streets, yet again because it has male voices in it. So we have a wider variation of choices when it comes to choosing what song we want to use. Also, it has a comedic side when it comes to the song Fit but you know it. I think it would be a fun project to make the song come alive with fun editing and creative ideas with telling the story form the lyrics in the music video. 

Marina and the diamonds are one of my top choices for this assignment. One of the reasons are that her lyrics are very creative and some of them can have a double meaning, which when you make a music video to match it, allows you to explore both meanings behind the song. 

Mumford and Sons are a band that play a lot of love songs. I put this choice in to allow the choice of the typical love story music video, but with our own creative ideas to make it individual and clever. 

Just Jack, stars in their eyes would be a good opportunity to explore editing due to the fat paced beats. Although since its such a well known song, I do fear that if we do se this song, we could have a problem with the audience comparing it with the original. 

I chose to add Jessie J mostly because of the lyrics and the pathway it could take us with the music video story wise. We could use an amplification in this music video to make it emotionally effective. 

Florence and the Machine was a must for me due to my great love for her song style and music. Even if we don't choose her songs, I would love to just make one for fun! I chose heavy in your arms de to the fact that it hasn't got a music video to go with it and so it wouldn't be compared as well as it is a song that can be edited to become a creative music video if filmed properly. 

Ellie goulding was another choice of mine that are my favorites. Lights beats would be a good editing cut to follow due to it occurring a lot throughout the song. Making a music video would be fats and exciting! 

Adele is one of my favorite choices. Cold shoulder would be my preferred choice. As, in my head, I have already thought up a whole idea that I could  share with my group and discuss about the music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment