Saturday 21 January 2012

Evaluation - Question Two

 How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

I feel the combination of my products is very effective, as I think they can be easily recognized as linked. One way this is achieved is through the fact that my music video, digipak and magazine advert all feature the artist, Poppy Power, with shots that are similar (e.g. we do not see Poppy styled completely differently in one product to another). This is because the main purpose is to build a brand identity for a new artist - after all, the music industry is a business.

For my ancillary products, I used similar design aspects in order to further establish my artist's image.

...
During the production of our music video, we made sure to take a wide variety of photographs of the process, including ones that we could use for our ancillary products. This is because it is essential that there are clear visual links between our music video, digipak and advertisement. Therefore, we were thinking about this early on, even during our planning phase because we didn't want to have to resort to using low quality stills from the music video itself for our ancillary texts.

Take a look at my prezi below to see how my products link with each other.


1 comment: